Earn guaranteed income
Benefit from fixed payments, even in volatile markets. You and a co-annuitant receive annual, semi-annual or quarterly payments for life.
Get tax benefits
Receive an immediate tax receipt for a portion of your gift. Depending on your situation, fixed income payments that you and your co-annuitant receive may be tax-free.
Simplify asset management
McGill’s endowment fund is rigorously managed by seasoned professionals. Placing funds in a charitable gift annuity could help reduce money management worries.
Choose your cause
Support the area of the university you’re most passionate about. Provide student aid, fund research, give to your faculty, or invest in a project that’s close to your heart.
Know the essentials
- Minimum age for annuitants: 70
- Minimum charitable gift annuity: $50,000
- Annuity rate is based on the age of the income recipient(s) and other variables
- A charitable gift annuity is irrevocable
1. Information on this site is of a general nature and not intended to constitute financial or legal advice. Please consult your income tax, financial and/or legal advisors before arranging a planned gift.
2. All requests for information are confidential.
Want more information on legacy giving?
Please fill out a form and we will get back to you. Your inquiry will be kept strictly confidential.
Have you already included McGill in your estate plans?
Please let us know. Completing a simple form helps ensure your estate plans are carried out and allows us to express our appreciation during your lifetime.
Bequests and Planned Gifts
- Send us an email
- 1-800-567-5175 (toll-free in North America)
University Advancement 1430 Peel Street,
Montreal, QC, H3A 3T3 Get directions
Ways to give
Make a gift online
Donating online is simple and secure. Just fill in our digital form, specifying which area you wish to support.
Support world-class education and cutting-edge research made by McGill. Be the generation that shapes the University of tomorrow. Explore planned giving options tailored to your goals, needs and timeline.
More ways to give
Help us build a better world. Find out about the many ways philanthropy can make a difference. Support deserving students, fund vital research and more.